1. The Black Dahlia crime scene photos- I was watching Unsolved Mysteries (Dennis Farina edition) when they discussed the Black Dahlia case. It's a fascinating, unsolved murder involving dissection and blood draining. Being my morbid self, I decided I wanted to see the real crime scene photos. Supposedly, she was cut from ear to ear and her torso was cut in half. Unfortunately, the first site I went to had a pop up photo of someone's butthole. What a non sequitur, I thought. I think I shrieked and instantly left the site. So, that's on my browser. In the end, I did find some gruesome photos sans butthole.
2. David Krumholtz weight gain- You know this guy. He's in a ton of things, most notably the hit TV series Numbers. I love this guy. He's a great actor. I saw him in something recently and he had a noticeable weight gain. Concerned for him, I googled this issue. I guess he had thyroid cancer, seems to have beaten it, is married and has a baby. But, this is what I do with my time.
3. Symptoms of love addiction- I watch the Netlix series Love entirely in one day. Loved it. Written by Judd Apatow and starring Gillian Jacobs. Great show, watch it. Gillian's character, Mickey goes to love addiction rehab, and, to be honest, that group talk made me wonder if I'm a love addict. So, I googled it. Turns out, love addicts may have been abandoned early in life and try to find a knight in shining armor in their adult life. Ok, guess that fits. But, I think only years of therapy will cure that.
3. Jim Florentine images- I was watching Louie, when I heard a very familiar voice. I used to listen to a lot of Opie & Anthony in the morning during an hour long drive I used to make everyday. Comedian Jim Florentine was a regular guest. But, I wasn't familiar with what he looked like. I wondered if this man on Louie was him. Indeed it was. His character ended up trying to shit in the top of a toilet tank as Louie was puking, slipped, hit his head and died. Good episode. Now, I'm familiar with what he looks like.
5. Apple Watch- I got my tax return, so I dream of getting an Apple Watch. Prices have dropped, but I can't justify spending that much money on myself.
6. Nick Groff Ghost adventures departure- A member of the Ghost Adventures team, he now has his own show. This lead me to question why he left. Kind of vague. Maybe a falling out with Zac Bagins. Maybe the most pathetic of my searches.
7. Head lice- My kid somehow contracted lice at school. I found out when he was staying with relatives. I never had it as a child, so I had no idea what to look for. There's also some kind of "super lice" going around. Not sure if he had that or not. All I know is that it took three treatments and lots of combing with the nit comb. It felt very primal, except I didn't eat the nits. It was a rough week. I slept in a shower cap the first night. He was offended, but I wasn't getting it. His cousin also got it. You know, like the flu, only itchier and much creepier.
8. X-Men Apocalypse- I don't even remember why exactly. I think it was settling an argument with V. He didn't believe that Oscar Isaac, or Poe Dameron, was playing the villain. I know my actors, man. Especially the good ones.
9. Scabies- After head lice, anything can happen. When my left arm started itching incessantly, I immediately thought I had scabies. Turns out from the pictures that I don't.
10. Can a mother transmit syphillis through breastfeeding- I read a totally demented book called The Kingdom of Little Wounds. It's basically a fairy tale with syphillis. I was wondering if a character that's breastfeeding to transmit her disease to a baby. Turns out you are safe as long as you don't have oozing sores on your breasts. Good to know.
I'd love to say I do productive things with my time, but that would be a complete lie.